Re: Q: How can I 'reset' the username/password cache of the ncsa authenticator?

From: Heiko Schlittermann <heiko@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 12:25:53 +0200

On Wed, May 12, 1999 at 09:46:23AM +0100, Klaus-Peter.Neurohr@toshiba-teg.com wrote:
:
: programm that changes our ncsa user/passwordfile depending on a userprofile
: stored in a separate file. This file stores information when an user is
: allowed to use the cache.
: We just put a # in front of the username to disable him. This programm is

Modify the source to accept a signal (once I did this with squid itself,
WINCH was unused and so I made squid WINCH aware ...)

Now with the external authenticator this should be much more easy. Add
a signel handler (for HUP maybe) and let this signal handler forget the
cache ... or better yet scan for changes and forget only the changed ...

I've written an experimental external authenticator in perl. This
script can be manipulated quite easy. (I needed a somewhat different
authentication scheme:

    . test if the user is in /etc/squid.users
        yes -> check the passwords with the system password
        no -> refuse ...

If somebody is interested, I'd made the script available. Patching
should be done by somebody else.

    Best Regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Gruesse aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann