Re: entry in access.log < entry in store.log ?

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 09:05:26 +1000

Friday wrote:

> At 02:38 PM 1999/5/10 +0200, you wrote:
> >access.log will contain entries with no match in store.log (cache hits
> >or ICP queries), and store.log will contain entries with no match in
> >access.log (removal of cached objects). There is no 1<->1 relation
> >between access.log and store.log.
>
> Does it imply that removal of an cached object in store.log doesn't need an
> entry appear in access.log ?? But the fact that, the object in store.log
> must be previously logged in access.log when other clients access it. And
> hence, I think an entry in access.log may not be found in store.log but an
> entry in store.log must be found in access.log !?
>
> Thanks for advance.

Think through this carefully:

* The access log only records requests from clients.
* The store log only records the actions of the storage manager.
* A client request may not necessarily cause the storage manager to do
anything.
* The storage manager keeps it's own schedule and may do things that do
not involve clients.