Re: Squid with NT

From: Miguel Bazzano <mbazzano@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 15:19:38 -0300

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen.se>
To: Miguel Bazzano <mbazzano@uumail.unt.edu.ar>
Cc: "@uumail.unt.edu.ar:squid-users"@ircache.net
<"@uumail.unt.edu.ar:squid-users"@ircache.net>
Date: Miircoles 12 de Mayo de 1999 21:44
Subject: Re: Squid with NT

>(and as Dancer noted, breaks a number of things on
>the way. A Squid compiled with --enable-carp is uncapable of handling
>any other kind of peerings).

I am seriously concerned about this statement, because I don't want to loose
the ability to have child SQUID caches.
 I have at the moment several NT Boxes conected to my main parent SQUID
cache, but we also have a couple of SQUID boxes conected to this parent, I
can see that they are making ICP querys and that they are receiving the
correct responses from my SQUID parent with CARP enabled.
In what why is a SQUID compiled with --enable-carp uncapable of handling any
other kind of peering?

Miguel Bazzano
mbazzano@unt.edu.ar