Re: cachemgr.cgi refresh URL option is missing?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 13:20:43 -0600

On Sat, 15 May 1999, Evren Yurtesen wrote:

> no, I want to refresh the objects in my cache using
> the cachemgr's refresh URL function. Because I have set
> my cache to not to refresh objects if there have been somebody
> in the last 6 hours.
> and sometimes I have to refresh some pages manually.

Oh, I see. I do not thing it is possible with the current cachemgr.cgi.
Providing extra data (URL) to Squid via the cachemgr interface would
require patching the manager script and Squid. Note that adding HTML forms
to Squid is not desirable.

The easiest way to do what you are after is to use client program that
comes with Squid. I think there is a -r flag for "reload", and one can add
any custom header field(s) using -H option.

Alex.