Inodes problem on Solaris 2.6/2.2_Stable_2

From: Mark Foster <M.E.Foster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 11:03:16 +0100

It appear that there is a problem with inode usage continually rising
when using 2.2 stable 2 on Solaris 2.6. Eventually the system runs
out if inodes and squid falls over and over and over....

Reverting to 2.1p2 sees the inode usage start to fall again. Going
back to 2.2 stable 2 sees it rise and so on...

Is this a known problem and can I do anything about it?

Mark

---
Mark Foster, University of Sussex Computing Service, Falmer, UK. BN1 9QJ
EMail: m.e.foster@sussex.ac.uk    -    VOICE/FAX: +44 1273 678902/271956
"There are no such useless words as...'I didn't have a chance.'"
                                                         [Driving, HMSO]