Unable to forward request/New SINGLE_PARENT_BYPASS option

From: Joerg Thoennes <Joerg.Thoennes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 15:01:55 +0200

Hello,

after upgrading von Squid 1 to Squid 2.1PATCH2 the configuration option
"single_parent_bypass" disappeared.
Now I get again all the "Unable to forward ..." errors.

We have a central Squid in our firewall and no other connection outside.
But I configured an extra Squid on my local Linux box to cache by
personally used pages. There is plenty of disk space for this. So my
local squid should (and can) only contact our central Squid cache.

Our network configuration (firewall) is as follows:

* local pages MUST be accessed directly (proxy not possible)

* outside page MUST be accessed via the proxy (direct not
  possible)

So I used never_direct/always_direct and the acl to mimick the old
inside_firewall etc. options.

In addition, I tried to change some ICP timeouts, but this did not help
either.

Please, could you point out where I could make the configuration
changes?

Thanks a lot and regards,

Jörg Thönnes

--
Joerg Thoennes | Joerg.Thoennes@Data-Sciences.DE
Data Sciences  | Sittarder Str. 31, D-52078 Aachen, Germany