pre-fetching

From: R. Harsiandy I <arsy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 20:32:25 +0700

Hi all,

I already listed some favorite web-sites from my access.log, most of
them are related to information and they always change their contents
everyday (local newspapers web-sites, cnn.com, etc).

What I would like to do is to provide the information from those
web-sites (pre-fecthing, this the term, isn't it?) before the users surf
for those web-sites.

Since bandwith is a limitation in our area (this is one of the main
reason too->I can't use ALWAYS_DIRECT either), I would like to retrieve
those information during non-peak hours and save the information in our
cache, so if the users try to browse the sites, then it's already in our
cache. Also there is somekind of time to live for the information that
has been kept in cache.

Where can I find information about this stuff (pre-feching)?

Thanks