Re: squid 2.1 cache.log entry?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 21:22:06 +0200

Dancer wrote:

> I'm seeing some size-mismatch reports when running polygraph tests under
> squid2.2S2 (linux), but none of the 'Disk space over limit' messages
> (I'm only up to 12% at the current time)

There is a race condition when cache files are reused, and this race is
possibly worsened by Squid 2.2 truncate of files rather than unlinking
them.

Try changing USE_TRUNCATE_NOT_UNLINK to 0 in src/defines.h.

Also, I am uncertain if hits while an object is being swapped out works
fine when async-io is enabled.... there may well be a race condition
while a disk write takes place..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker