Re: squid 2.1 cache.log entry?

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 07:19:49 +1000

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Dancer wrote:
>
> > I'm seeing some size-mismatch reports when running polygraph tests under
> > squid2.2S2 (linux), but none of the 'Disk space over limit' messages
> > (I'm only up to 12% at the current time)
>
> There is a race condition when cache files are reused, and this race is
> possibly worsened by Squid 2.2 truncate of files rather than unlinking
> them.
>
> Try changing USE_TRUNCATE_NOT_UNLINK to 0 in src/defines.h.
>
> Also, I am uncertain if hits while an object is being swapped out works
> fine when async-io is enabled.... there may well be a race condition
> while a disk write takes place..
>
> --
> Henrik Nordstrom
> Spare time Squid hacker

Not using async-io on this box, so it isn't a factor. I'll try that, and
get back to you (got a week's enforced holiday coming up in a couple
days...Been running triple-overtime for months, and am about to be given
a rest. A good thing too...Otherwise, given some free time I'd wind up
in the office at all hours)