LDAP proxy_auth problem

From: Adam Williams <awilliam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 07:04:00 +0000

I am trying to implement LDAP authorization to the internet on my network, and
allow free access to internal webservers (from internal clients). I think I
have the acl list worked out as I can visit internal sites without bieng
prompted for anything. However attempts to pull external pages do prompt me
but all answers are refused.

The following in the relevant portion of my squid.conf file:

acl inside dst 192.168.0.0/16
acl outside proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow inside
http_access allow outside
http_access deny all
authenticate_program /usr/local/bin/ldap_auth littleboy 389 "o=Morrison
Industries, c=US" uid

I have squid-2.2.2-2 on a ReHat Linux v6.0 Intel box. The ldap_auth program
works wonderfully fromt he command line, accepting "username password"
combinations that are correct, and rejecting the incorrect ones.