Name based virtual hosts and accessing via squid

From: David Jericho <davidj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 12:48:49 +1000

I can't seem to find an answer in the docs, so I'll ask here.

We have an apache server acting as a name based virtual hosting web server.
This web server works as it should when I go direct from my browser. If
I let the browser use the proxy, I only ever end up with what the
default DocumentRoot is on the web server.

Checking the web server logs, I find that squid is making the request
         GET / HTTP/1.0
no matter what hostname I tell it. This happens even if I telnet into the
proxy on it's port, and do a HTTP/1.1 request by hand, the same thing happens.

Obviously squid is stripping the HTTP type somewhere somehow. What do I do
to fix it?

--
David Jericho