Re: Name based virtual hosts and accessing via squid

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 09:54:44 -0600

On Wed, 19 May 1999, David Jericho wrote:

> For those who want to see the changes now, we did it against
> 2.1.PATCH2/src/http.c
>
> 754c754
> < memBufPrintf(mb, "%s %s HTTP/1.0\r\n",
> ---
> > memBufPrintf(mb, "%s %s HTTP/%3.1f\r\n",

Squid is HTTP/1.0 proxy (with 1.1 features). We cannot use the HTTP version
from the client request. Doing so will make the server to believe that we
are 1.1 compliant, and we may not be able to communicate after that
(because we are not compliant). The patch may fix one isolated problem, but
it violates HTTP and is not an appropriate fix if your Squid talks to other
servers.

Alex.