Users connecting to Squid Proxy ..

From: <Hassan_Alawad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 09:35:24 -0500

I'm using Squid ver 1.22 over Redhat linux 5.1. I have a strange problem
where users don't get connected to Proxy right a way when proxy setting is
defined in browser.
From the linux machine i have no problem accessing proxy every time, but
from other computers if I restart my linux server for example, users can'
get back the connection. It say connection with server reset then another
message comes "connection with server could not be established". After some
time I start the browser and all of a sudden it will connect to the the
proxy server. Any reason why this happens? Does proxy announce it self on
the network first or what ??

Thanks
Hassan