Problems with peer misses after 2.1P2 to 2.2S3 upgrade.

From: David Malone <dwmalone@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 18:54:46 +0100

I upgraded from 2.1P2 to 2.2S3 on Friday, and now our peers
(who may not fetch misses) are getting the "ERR_FORWARDING_DENIED"
message. The logs show that squid is claiming that it is in the
cache on the ICP request, but then rejects the GET request as
a TCP_REFRESH_MISS. For example:

134.226.1.28 - - [26/May/1999:18:35:54 +0100] "ICP_QUERY http://www.manutd.com/menupix/megastore.gif HTTP/0.0" 0 64 UDP_HIT:NONE
134.226.1.28 - - [26/May/1999:18:35:54 +0100] "GET http://www.manutd.com/menupix/megastore.gif HTTP/1.0" 403 1057 TCP_REFRESH_MISS:NONE

I presume this is something to do with the internal change of cache
key format. I would have thought that squid would actually check that
it could serve a request before saying UDP_HIT to a neighbour, but maybe
that takes too much time.

I can work around this by allowing our siblings to fetch misses for a
while, hopefully when the cache gets used to the new cache key stuff it
will work ok?

        David.