Re: status 400 got cached!

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 13:35:18 -0600

On Sun, 30 May 1999, Graham Somers wrote:

> I am seeing a lot of these in the logs. Can anyone give some
> advice on what is causing it or if it is a problem or should be
> ignored.

Have not seen that one. It is a problem that should not be ignored. From
looking at the source code, I cannot see how 400s could get cached during
normal operation. The status check is their for mostly paranoid reasons.

Do you get a valid digest from proxy2 eventually?

Does proxy1 have any peers that may ask it for proxy2's digest? How long
were digest enabled on proxy1 and proxy2?

I suggest that you enable cache digest debugging and see if it sheds some
light. If it does not, please send the debugging output to squid-bugs.
        debug_options ..., 72 6
Let it go through at least two attempts to fetch a digest...

Thanks,

Alex.