Re: web interface

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 13:43:47 -0600

On Sun, 30 May 1999, Hossam El-Ashkar wrote:

> Hello,
> I am running squid 2.2stable3 on Solaris 2.7 x86 edition, with 26GB swap
> directory, 256MB mem (squid configuration). The machine has 1GB ram. I have
> installed the httpd to use cachemgr.cgi. The problem is that it takes a very
> long time for the cgi script to get any of the information listed. Is that
> due to the size of the swap directory?? or is it normal?? I mean the range
> of minutes by a very long time!!!

It is not normal!! For most pages the amount of information does not depend
on the size of the swap directory!! The page should show up in a matter of
seconds, not minutes!!!

> Is there another way to get these statistics other than the web!!
> command line for example??

Yes!! Most pages are simple enough to view using "client" utility that
comes with Squid!!
        ./client mgr:menu
        ./client mgr:info
        ./client -h hostname -p port mgr:storedir

The later command allows you to query caches that are not running on
localhost:3128!!

Alex.