Re: Redundant squid setup

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 22:23:49 +0000

Gyula Hajdu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here is my problem:
>
> Hungary US
>
> [ squid 1 ] <------- internal line -------> [ squid 2 ]
>

> I am at the squid1. If the internal line goes down, I can not acces the
> sites !.hu, so I removed this limitation. Since I removed it I receiving
> the following:

You need to be careful not to configure both as parents to each other
for the same URL. It is not a very natural thing to do, and can triple
your network load (request going back and forth on your internal line,
and then to the internet at the first location.. i.e. a full waste of
your internal line)

--
Henrik Nordstorm
Spare time Squid hacker