Re: Problem running Squid under FreeBSD 3.2

From: Simon Rainey <srainey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 10:18:58 +0100

Well spotted - that was indeed the problem.

I remember reading some time ago that setting cache_swap_high ==
cache_swap_low results in more consistent performance. If the values are
different then unlinkd is required to remove objects in bursts (i.e. when
cache_swap_high is reached unlinkd removes objects until cache_swap_low is
reached). Making the values the same causes unlinkd to remove objects more
or less continuously once cache_swap_high is reached. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Simon.