Re: what is FLAPON & PROPFIND ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 22:18:12 +0000

Dave J Woolley wrote:

> This has been discussed on the list recently. It is
> inappropriate use of a new HTTP method (in, I think,
> a draft standards stage) by, I believe, Outlook.

It is appropriate use of new HTTP methods not supported by Squid.

There is absolute nothing illegal with these, only that they are not
supported by Squid. The HTTP standard (1.0 and onwards) are open-ended
and allows for extensions, proxies are however not required to handle
any extensions and may deny the request if it doesn't understand the
method being used (or any other criterias defined by the proxy..)

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker