Re: Several squid-(configuration?)-troubles ..

From: Martin Schipany <elcondor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 21:07:19 +0200

to recall the words of Henrik Nordstrom:

> Martin Schipany wrote:
>
> > *) squid[19545]: comm_poll_incoming: NULL write handler
> > this message shows up in syslog rather often. i was not able to
> > find out a reason for this. i had this with previous
> > squid-2.2-versions, too.
>
> There is a small misfeature in Squid which generates this message on
> communication errors. It can be ignored unless you see it very often.

well ... i guess it is very often, especially when i'm accessing
pages with many graphics or more connections at the same time are
made (which are never that many, since only 3 cllients are
connected to this proxy). when it happens i get lines like

{syslog} squid[19545]: comm_poll_incoming: NULL write handler
{syslog} last message repeated 7 times

what kind of communications problem? just to give me a rough idea
where on the system to look for other problems!

*  Martin Schipany        email: elcondor@warum.net                 *
*                         phone & fax: (+43) 1 - 810 27 67          *
*                         mobil: (+43) 676 - 304 88 34              *
*                         IRC  : ElCondor on channel #diddl         *