Cacheing HTTPS Objects

From: Merton Campbell Crockett <M.C.Crockett@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 13:28:44 -0700 (PDT)

I have been using Squid for several years and am currently using Squid
1.1.22 on a BSD/OS 4.0.1 system. In the past, I have not used Squid for
HTTPS; however, I find that I need to do so.

In the tests that I've run I find that none of the objects retrieved using
HTTPS is cached. Is there a mechanism for forcing Squid to cache some of
the objects retrieved using HTTPS? In particular, I would like it to
cache GIF images and other assorted goo-gahs.

Any examples or pointers would be appreciated.

By the way, SQUID.NLANR.NET appears to be having problems with its
subdirectories, I'm getting far too many instances where the server is
closing the connection before sending data. I tried the mirror site in
Germany, but it, too, seems to have encountered the same problem when it
was last updated.

                             Merton Campbell Crockett
| Manager, Network Operations & Services | Senior Network/Security Engineer |
| GTE Government Systems Corporation | Naval Surface Warfare Center |
| Electronic Systems Division | Port Hueneme Division |
| Intelligence Systems Organization | IT/TIS Program |
| Thousand Oaks, CA | Port Hueneme, CA |