Transparent proxying...

From: <danielrod@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 17:30:55 +0900

I am trying to use transparent proxying, but I get these error messages when
I try to make a web connection from one of the client machines on the
network:

When I configure my browser to use the cache proxy I get:
        Unable to determine IP address from host name for ....

When I do NOT configure my browser to use the cache proxy I get:
        Invalid URL

Inside my rc.ipfwadm file I have the following lines as my first set of
"accept rules" (even before the loopback interface accept rules). (Before
this accept rule, all rules are set to "deny.")

/sbin/ipfwadm -I -a accept -P tcp \
        -S $LocalNet/22
        -D $Anywhere www -r 8080

I am using kernel 2.0.36 (TurboLinux 1.0, Japanese version), and Squid 2.1.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!

--Daniel