cache_effective_user nobody on FreeBSD 2.8.8 did not work ?

From: <erekose@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 09:45:40 +0800 (MYT)

This must be very very lame. I went thru the squid FAQ and this was
supposed to happen on Linux but I noticed it happened on FreeBSD 2.8.8
(maybe just on MY freeBSD) ... I could not invoke squid -z and squid
properly due to permission denied in accessing
/use/local/squid/logs/access.log if I set cache_effective_user and
cache_effective_group other than root and wheel respectively.

I compiled squid STABLE 3 on freeBSD coz I believe it was the most stable
OS for squid. I ran squid on HP and Linux and Solaris and did not
encounter this prob.

Thanks in advance for replying.

Erekose