Re: Transparent Proxying and src ip adress ?

From: Leonid Igolnik - LiM <lim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 23:50:28 +0300 (IDDT)

It can be anything but changing the src IP due to port forwarding - if it
was so proxy never could reply to the original source of the computer. But
masquerading does it - it changes src ip to unique pare of ip+port. So my
suggestion is to move the port redirection to the head of the ip chain.

Leonid Igolnik aka LiM