Re: what is FLAPON & PROPFIND ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 19:38:47 +0000

Dancer wrote:

> Of course, HTML wasn't intended to give explicit control of formatting.
> The approach was maximum portability at the cost of explicit control.
> Now we look like we're leaning the other way.

Not sure I fully agree. Properly used CSS acheives both goals: Gives the
author good control of layout and makes the information more structured
and portable. But as it is a generic and very poverful system it can
also be abused, like any other computer language.

Main problem for HTML today I would say is the number of crappy HTML
editors which does not care about structure, combined with the poor
support of CSS in many of the currently used browsers.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker