Squid inists on ASCII for FTP

From: Andre-John Mas <ama@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 16:55:57 -0400

Hi,

 I am having a problem downloading files through the Squid Proxy at our
 site. I say, with wget or IE on NT 4, ftp://asite.com/thefile;type=i
 and it gives me [text/plain] or ftp://asite.com/thefile;type=a as the
 file. How on earth do I configure squid so that it defaults to binary
 for unknown file types and actually listen to what is being asked of
 it?

 Is this something I can configure, or something I am going to have to
 wait for in a future version?

 Thanks

 AJ