Re: Squid inists on ASCII for FTP

From: Andre-John Mas <ama@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 19:04:04 -0400

Henrik,

 With the information that you gave me in hand I decided to download
 the source of wget and check it out. It turns out the wget does
 strip the ';type=i', so I decided to make a quick hack that forces
 everything to be of type i and hey presto I am getting binary
 downloads. Maybe this is something that should be added to wget,
 but that is for another mailing-list.

 IE5's ftp just sucks.

 Thanks for your reply

 AJ

 N.B. The change was at line 469 of http.c, simply inserting ;type=i
      Not nice, but it works!