Re: squid rebuilds cache for three days

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 00:06:56 -0600

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Pavel P. Zabortsev wrote:

> But I've asked about WHY my FreeBSD box shutting down when "Out of mbuf
> clusters - increase maxusers!" messages appear in /var/log/messages!
> Where mbuf clusters disappear?

It looks like you have either misconfigured your kernel or stressing the
box too much. FreeBSD will crash with the "Out of mbuf clusters" message if
you run out of memory allocated for mbufs (via NMBCLUSTERS or maxusers
kernel options). You can use netstat, including the -m option, to see what
is going on with your memory allocated for network use.

$0.02,

Alex.