Re: disk full in spite of maximum_object_size set

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 21:54:45 +0000

Axel Zeilner wrote:

> When diskspace is exceeded squid crashes badly, therefore I tried to limit
> the diskspace used very strictly.

When Squid fails to write to the store index file it will crash badly.
It will however chew along happily if the cache directory runs out of
space, provided that the store index file is stored elsewhere (defaults
to the same directory).

> But when the file's size is 100MB and I got only 50MB free space left squid
> crashes (version 1.NOVM.21 for i686-pc-linux-gnu).

Ouch.. 1.X versions is no longer supported, and I must admit that I have
forgot most things about Squid 1.X by now. The above may well be false
for 1.X.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker