Performance question

From: Andy Dills <andy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 23:00:26 -0400 (EDT)

I checked some of the archives, but I didn't see any threads (I'm sure I
missed them) regarding performance.

Here is the setup I will have: ServerIron, PII450 512MB/Ram, 6 10,000 RPM
9 gig cheetahs, 3 2940 controllers (one for the system, three cache disks
on each of the other two controllers). FreeBSD, with noatime.

I have two questions:
1) Does anybody have an estimate of how many reqs/s I can serve well with
this setup?
2) About how many reqs/s would I be looking at if I have 5 mb/s of general
ISP bandwidth?

If I need to cluster, how many should I use? And how do I share the
content among the cache servers?

Thanks,
Andy

Andy Dills 301-682-9972
Network Administrator Fax 301-620-9634
Xecunet, LLC www.xecu.net
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access