Squid Authorisation with ncsa_auth or LDAP ???

From: Heinz Ahrens <Heinz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 13:30:20 +0100

Hallo Squid-Users !!!

In our company we use Squid with user-authorisation (Name and Password)
for perhaps 200 users. Squid uses ncsa_auth with a linear
unix-password-file.

In future we have got perhaps 10 000 users (customers) and we need
user-authorisation, too. I tested the unix-password-file with 40 000
users (add, delete, change with htadm (AIX)) and ncsa_auth for Squid. It
works fine.

My question:
Can i use ncsa_auth because of performance-reason for 10 000 users ???
Can i perhaps use an LDAP server or another database to increase the
performance ???

Perhaps someone uses Squid-autorisation with many users.

Thanks

   Heinz Ahrens
   Germany