Re: Squid / Transparent cache killing Cisco cpu

From: tom minchin <tom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 21:32:04 +1000

On a tangent subject, we're having problems implementing Alteon's Acedirector2
(the Acedirector 180 works great, just overkill for cluster of Squid caches).
Every now and again (well, every few days) all servers in a server group lose
their routing (they don't have an ARP entry for the Alteon). It doesn't happen
on the 180, just 2's - the reseller is helpful but not able to figure it
out and Alteon has taken the Netscape support model (dead silence).

The 2's have really poor performance too - whereas the 180 works great.

Has anyone seen this kind of problem?

tom@interact.net.au