ACL Password authorisation

From: Hogben, Ian <Ian.Hogben@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:43:47 +0800

Since my first question concerning the location of the FAQ has been
answered, I guess I might feel confident enough to ask a question.
Incidentally, I have been directed to http://squid.nlanr.net/ for the FAQ.
Shoulda realised that myself. It is where I found the mail list for this
group after all...

I am trying very hard to set up acl password authentication for my squid
1.1.22-2 system running on RH5.2. I am happy enough to upgrade to the
2.2.stable3 release or whatever, if there is an advantage involved. But I'm
not sure if there is.

I have found an excellent doc at
http://www.iaehv.nl/users/devet/squid/proxy_auth/ that basically tells me
everything I need to know about setting up acl proxy authentication. But it
seems that you have to run the patch program before installing squid. Is
this true? When trying to run the patch on 2.2.stable3, I get *heaps* of
errors.

Is there anyone out there who has experience with this stuff that I can
maybe ask the odd intelligent question mixed in with heaps of dumb ones? :)
I'm kinda out of my depth here, but desperate to get it set up. Thanks!!!

Ian Hogben
Computer Services Officer - NGHS
mailto:Ian.Hogben@health.wa.gov.au
If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen
defrocked, doesn't it follow that
electricians can be delighted, musicians
denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed,
tree surgeons debarked and dry cleaners
depressed?