Dumb question alert! Starting SQUID manually.

From: Simon Bryan <sbryan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:08:46 +1000

I still have problems with Squid blocking everything when I change my ACL
rules, will upgrade soon and worry about that then. But to fix things I need to
stop and then restart squid (I normally work through a web interface called
WEBMIN, but when the problem emerged Squid won't let me have any
pages). I can kill SQUID with kill pid, and restart it from a prompt, but it
remains as a foreground? application, ie I don't get my prompt back. How do
I start it and make it run in the background? The system was setup for me
and I can't even find where in the bootup sequence that Squid is being
started to copy the command from there. There are no MAN pages for Squid
and I couldn't see this in the FAQ.

Thanks for the tolerance,

--
Simon Bryan                    sbryan@olmc.nsw.edu.au