Allowing access to certain sites from certain IP's with ACL's - H elp Please.

From: Emile Coetzee <EmileC@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 19:33:32 +0200

I am trying to set up acl's that will only allow access to specified sites
to users with specified IP's. I think I've got the basic idea right (from
what I found in the FAQ) but instead of usernames I'd like to specify IP's
I'm not sure how to make squid check the IP making the request (and how it
interprets this info) and what to match this interpretation to. Eventually
I'd like to set up groups of users who have differnt levels of internet
access.

srcdomain and src does not seem to work as my user IP checker (allowips).
Any suggestions?

I'm running squid 1.1.2

in squid.conf:
#List of sites users can surf to
acl sites src "/usr/local/squid/etc/sites"
#List of user IPs that are allowed to surf these sites
acl allowips srcdomain "/usr/local/squid/etc/allowips"

http_access allow sites allowips

contents of sites:
www.netscape.com
www.cnn.com