Re: Is it the right place to ask this?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 20:28:51 +0200

It is sent like any other HTTP MIME message (i.e. identical to how
server responds on normal requests). First headers including a
content-length header, then a blank line followed by content-length
bytes of payload data.

See RFC2616 for all details on the HTTP protocol.

From you description it sounds like you only captured the first packet
of a request, not the whole TCP stream. Note that the POST payload is
(or rather should) not followed by a CRLF.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker