squid configuring parent proxy

From: Gerben Welter <gerben@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:07:48 +0200

Hi.

I use squid just for a small lan in my home and I enjoy the increased speed
it gives when surfing the net. I'm on a dialup isdn connection and squid
starts automatically when linux starts (computer gets booted every day).
But the last few weeks i'm experiencing irregular speed drop when squid
tries to get an object from the parent proxy. Does squid have to be enable
to configure it's parent proxy when starting for proper operation?

Recently my isp changed to new hardware using NetCache 3.3.1D7. Are there
any know incompatibilties between Netcache and squid?

Grtz Gerben.