Re: the 'no-query' option

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 00:26:31 +0200

Gerben Welter wrote:

> I'm still having problems running squid with isp's proxy runnin NetCache.
> The only way for squid not to stall all the time is to use the no-query
> option on the cache_peer line. But then i'm disabling all communication
> between squid and its parent, right? At least the logs show no more
> parent_hits.

Squid 2.2 is a bit confused. When you have non-ICP peerings you must
currently use "prefer_direct off", or Squid will rather go direct than
use a (non-ICP) peer. I have some patches to clean up this mess if you
are interested available from my squid page
<http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/>, more specifically the patch labeled
"Squid-2.2.STABLE3: nonhierarchical_direct squid.conf directive".

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker