Re: squid to another webproxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 11:43:16 +0200

dreamwvr wrote:

> hi,
> anyone know how one might setup so that squid is the first proxy
> that netscape uses to hit another totally different proxy service?
> all in the preferences? Is there such a animal? how about a workaround?

No. The client can only select the first proxy used, the further proxies
must be set up in the proxy servers configuration. (cache_peer option in
squid.conf).

Only time it is possible is when the next "proxy" is a HTTP -> HTTP
gateway. I.e. a web server which uses URL translation to act as a proxy
(or put another way: a proxy which acts as a web server with URL
translation to map the proxy requests to that server)

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker