Re: Dynamical Control of the ACL's

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 13:56:34 +0200

Christian Theune wrote:

> Hi, does anybody know, how to set the ACL's (especially the (not)
> allowed IP-Adresses) during the runtime of squid?

The only supported way is to change squid.conf (or included files), and
then send Squid a reconfigure (squid -k reconfigure).

I had a patch to extend cachemgr with functions to selectively reload
ACL definitions, but it got refused by Duane.

Planned (but with a very low priority) is to make Squid reload ACLs
defined by included files when the included file is changed.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Suqid hacker