squid becoming root

From: Hossam El-Ashkar <hoashkar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 19:35:36 +0300

Hello,
    I have noticed that some files in the swap directory is owned by root.
Squid can't access these files and the cache.log is full of access denied. I
turned the debug mode on, and I found that sometimes squid tries to switch
user to root, but it says it fails and give up. This happens while I am
looking. But I find those root owned files in the end.
    Why does squid needs to switch to root?? And how does he create files in
the swap directory owned by root???
Hossam El-Ashkar
h_elashkar@ieee.org