Re: Parents and SSL - Squid 1 vs Squid 2

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 21:27:56 +0200

Robert.Rose@centrelink.gov.au wrote:

> there are no siblings, only parents. Proxy1 actually has 2 proxy servers
> running on seperate ports but same IP address, one is for SSL, the other is
> for everything else (don't ask why, just trust me) and this is causing the
> problem.

Then you need to use two cache_peer lines; one for each port, and use
cache_peer_access to filter which requests is sent to which port. You
also need to set up two hostnames pointing to the parent server, or you
won't be able to use cache_peer_access... (i.e. threat the parent as two
separate proxies sharing the same IP address)

You probably also need to use the never_direct tag to force Squid
throught the parents, or it will try to go direct on SSL (and many other
"uncachable" request types).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker