Re: Most stable non-mem-leaking squid?

From: <jlewis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 00:08:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 4 Jul 1999, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> There are (at least) three leak patches at the NLANR site:
> dread_ctrl-leak.patch, error_state-leak.patch and event-leak.patch.
> Have you applied event-leak.patch? We have got reports that Squid's
> memory usage stabilized after applying that last patch.

event-leak seems to have been the big one. With all 3 of the above plus
SRB's leak patch from the other day, my big cache that normally doesn't
make it 2 days has run nearly 8.5 hours with very little growth in the gap
between total in arena and total accounted. It still does seem to be
growing slowly though. It looks like it may be leaking approximately
1.5MB/day (maybe more...traffic was light today), which would be a major
improvement.

----don't waste your cpu, crack rc5...www.distributed.net team enzo---
 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*| Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator | nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net | to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________