Java Applets not working

From: Richard Stagg <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 11:55:49 +0100 (BST)

Hi all,

Forgive me for asking a question which is not _strictly_ Squid related.

My architecture is set up in such a way that not only do my client
browsers not have direct access to the Internet (there's a firewall in the
way) they also can't resolve Internet host names. Hence they rely utterly
on Squid to do all the hard work for them.

Now - when they try to run pages with Java applets on them, the usual
result is a grey box and the error "applet <name> can't start: security
violation: could not resolve IP for host www.domain.com. See the
trustProxy property".

I've tried browsing on a box which _does_ have access to an Internet
facing DNS, and the error still occurs.

Has anyone seen this before? Is there a fix?

Many thanks
Richard Stagg

Richard Stagg
Internet Architect