Re: FTP proxy icons

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 14:59:00 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Jens-S. Voeckler wrote:

> Don't worry, any squid-2 along the request path will return
> /squid-internal-static/ objects - even if it is not the host mentioned in
> the URL.

Which reminds me - is this true only for objects that the proxy recognises
(such as "anthony-unknown.gif" or similar), or for all objects? Specifically,
if you place your own icons in there (for use in error pages) in addition to
the regular static icons, will Squids (peers, children, etc.) see that they
have no copy of that object and go fetch it from the proxy specified in the
URL?

Sorry if this sounds convoluted.. fighting the 'flu (and losing).

dave