Re: reverse proxy / load balancing

From: Alvin Starr <alvin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 14:36:31 -0400 (EDT)

yep. take a look at www.webpersonals.com.

> I'd like to have a squid front-end where itself would be used as a cache for
> static pages and images, and for dynamic/cgi requests it would load balance
> between a set of back-end servers...
>
> How can I achieve that with squid?

you set up squid as an accelerator and then you use the redirection
capability. We wrote a simple perl script to distribute the load but you
can get as complex as you like.

Alvin Starr || voice: (416)585-9971
Interlink Connectivity || fax: (416)585-9974
alvin@iplink.net ||