Re: Help please increasing FDs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 16:12:41 +0200

Flavio Pescuma wrote:

> I'm trying to increase the number of FD for squid2.2.STABLE1 or 4, I'm
> running
> Linux 2.2.10-ac10 on an Alpha

Due to some include file messiness on Linux you are required to patch
two includefiles by hand to define __FD_SETSIZE to at least the amount
of filedescriptors you'd like to support.

/usr/include/bits/types.h
and
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/types.h

After these changes you need to at least reconfigure and build Squid,
but if you'd like to be assured that you do not get any suprices from
Linux then you are recommended to also rebuild the kernel and glibc.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker