Re: How to get Squid to not Cache address space

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 17:59:24 +0200

Brian wrote:

> I would like to have squid *not* cache any of our own address space. I
> have read the FAQ, but can't seem to get this to work.

The no_cache tag only denies further caching of matching content. Any
objects already in your cache will be served as hits regardless of any
no_cache settings.

You have two options:
1. Purge the offending objects from your cache using the PURGE method.
2. Start from a clean cache.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker