Re: RES: Web-Accelerator for 2 web servers

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:28:35 +0200

Gustavo Araujo Bittencourt wrote:

> I would like to thank for your help. Both the httpd accelerator are already
> working.
> But I still have one little question.
> How many redirect children must I configure in my squid?

Depends on the speed of your redirector and your request rate.

> Now, there are 10 redirect children. Is it means there will be up to 10
> conections simultaneous?

No. Only that Squid can only rewrite 10 URLs simultaneously. Redirectors
are only used for a short period of the total request time.

For good hints on if you have the right amount of redirectors see the
redirector usage statistics in cachemgr. Squid will also complain in
cache.log (and possibly syslog) if you have to few.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker