Re: Questions about digests and ICP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:18:15 +0200

Reuben Farrelly wrote:

> (1) I can use ICP to talk to proxy 1, 2 or 3, even though they are
> compiled (and do in fact) use digests. Correct?

Yes, but why whould you want to?

My wote is to use proxy2 as a default parent, possibly with the other as
backup parents if proxy2 should be down.

The peering agreement for fetching hits from proxy1&3 is then performed
by proxy2 for you when you send your request to proxy2.

Using ICP or digests on a dial up connection is not something I would
recommend doing other than for experimental purposes. It is a waste of
time and resources.

cache_peer proxy1 parent 3128 0 no-query no-digests no-netdb-exchange
cache_peer proxy2 parent 3128 0 default no-query no-digests
no-netdb-exchange
cache_peer proxy3 parent 3128 0 no-query no-digests no-netdb-exchange
prefer_direct off

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker